First of all I would like to say that I am very pleased with MoWeS and how it is developing. I use it daily, mainly as a portable webserver for my mediawiki. So please keep up the good work!
When we come to What's next, something like this has already been requested here:
http://www.mowesforum.chsoftware.net/to … table-iii/
As I stated in the link above (and some extra), my feature wishes are (some have already been (partly) implemented):
1) I would very much like automated (scheduled) backup of the MySQL database and maybe some sort of automated restore. I would like the backup to be made available as a package (like the ones you can download with MoWeS Mixer), but now containing the backup created using the automated backup. By doing this, I can create and schedule a script to copy that backup to another PC and when I start MoWeS there, it should find the backup package and automatically install it so on that other PC I will also running the latest version from the backup.
* Backups per installed package would be nice.
2) I would like synchronisation between multiple instances of MoWeS databases on different PC's.
3) I would like to be able to make backup copies of the complete MoWeS folder, I would like to be able to stop MoWeS entirely (incl. MySQL, Apache) from a script, backup the folder and restart MoWeS from that same script again.
4) Package enable/disable and uninstall. The ability enable/disable and uninstall packages in/from MoWeS.
5) Automatic check for, download and install package updates and the ability to enable/disable this feature per package and yes/no/later popup request options to install update when downloaded and available.
6) The ability to install packages from mowes mixer twice. So I would be able to, for example, install two mediawiki's.
7) Request for userid's and passwords during the installation so we are no longer forced to use the default passwords. This will make MoWeS and the installed packags more secure.
8) MoWes connects to the internet to show a message at the status display. Currently it shows "MoWeS: What's next? Share your ideas with us!". I would like to be able to enable/disable this.
9) A menu item to open the URL (stated at "Use the follwoing URL in the browser" at the options menu).
Last edited by Eddy (2010-02-21 22:48:58)